Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Non Polish polls...

Just needed to comment on a silly poll I saw. I've seen many silly polls and never took the time to comment on the absurdity of them. This poll was on weather.com, it was a poll about the weather... I know shocking that the poll was about weather on a weather website. So the question was this...

What part of your everyday style depends most on the weather?

I guess the question itself (or more specifically a particular word itself) made me laugh a little... "style". My "style" these days consists of making sure all body parts that should be covered are in fact covered and the kids look only fairly representable and somewhat kempt should they be accompanying me.

Back to this particular poll...

So the answers you had to choose from were as follows

Shoes
Hair
Jacket
Makeup
Fragrance

Shoes... yes, I have some on.
Hair... a moot point since me head's buzzed to a fine velvety sheen.
Jacket... Only if needed.
Makeup... next.
Fragrance... does the scent of a one day old shower tell you anything?

So anyway the results (as of my writing this) had jacket leading the way with 57.8%. Followed by shoes 25.5% and hair at 13.9%.Makeup scored 1.14% and fragrance scored 1.49%.

So if it's going to be too hot, then skip the makeup for fear of it melting? Or too cold for fear of it cracking? Again, if it's too hot, then you don't want anything on (scent wise) that had the potential to break bad on you should you be a sweaty type person.

I think I'd like to meet the person(s) that answered makeup and or fragrance and see if they live in the real world. For the record, I answered jacket simply because... and read this aloud in your best Thurston Howell... because who'd dare wear cashmere lovie when it's hot and humid in August or July?

Until the next wave of stupidy overtakes me...

No comments: