Well, I've decided that I will log what I did for the day... just random days... and today will be one of them. Please try to contain yourselves. This could actually serve as being motivational in that it should make your lives look pretty good.
So today started like any other, I woke up, but then realized that my bed had betrayed me... I didn't feel rested AT ALL! Even though I slept 'til 8am. I figure that most of you are saying, "must be tough to sleep 'til 8"... one of the "perks" of being gainfully unemployed, but I was not rested. The bed continued it's betrayal in that my back/shoulders were tight and sore. I know... the perils of aging. While that's true (to some extent) and I guess the fact of being on the larger side of the scale doesn't help matters any... I maintain that it is in fact the bed. Whatever the reason, the end result is one of discomfort and unrest. Did I mention that I don't feel rested?
SIDE NOTE: I suspect that the root of this particular go round of unrest has more to do with the fact that I have been dealing with a tight and sore shoulder now for going on about a week or so. It all started when I was painting the scale shingles for the west gable of the house. Around 300 shingles in all, but when you factor in priming (both sides and edges) and two coats of paint (only on the face side) that's like painting around 900. I did this one day after the next until one morning I woke up and my wrist was aching along with my forearm and then eventually my shoulder. I couldn't figure out what the problem was so I wondered if it could have been from the motion of the painting. I grabbed a paint brush and mimicked the motion I was using to paint and well... that was it. Try as I might, I couldn't really do much with my wrist and now basically my entire arm's hurting. My thinking is that it was because of this (compensating for my wrist) that my entire arm including the shoulder went bad on me.
So I make my way downstairs to take a hot shower (seems to help a bit, but not enough) and go through the rest of the morning routine... getting dressed and eating and the like. Today is the first day that my wrist felt normal again, but now my lower back was bothering me to go along with the shoulder. So I sat thinking and contemplating about something that I needed to work out for the gable ends of the garage. Julie's going to try her hand at siding the garage... should be pretty simple, the siding we're going to be using is T&G (that's tongue and groove to those of you who aren't in the know) and once the bottom course is level, it's just a matter of cutting and stacking and nailing/stapling. Before she can get to that, I have to trim it out for her... I get the grunt work, she gets the glory work. Anyhow, before trimming, I needed to figure out how I was going to work out the gable box cornices. I needed to make sure that one wouldn't interfere with the other and was having one heck of a time picturing it in my head. After a few "Googles" I came away with a plan. Now having that tucked away, I went out and primed some of the trim (a totally different motion than the shingles) and started to layout the trim for the wall that she's going to start on.
Then, I changed a tire on Nick's bike and did some other small PM-ing (preventative maintenance) on his bike. He needed a new tire since one had developed a bubble on the sidewall. Forgot to mention earlier there that I took Nick to his making lego movies class... at the park district. Worked some more on the trim and rounded up the stray kids for dinner.
The garage door wouldn't close so I fixed that. One of the eyes got knocked silly by Jake and well, the eyes didn't see each other and that was that. So a little adjustment here and a little electrical tape there throw in a couple of "dammits" and good as new. Had dinner, grumped at the kids for not doing what was told and needed of them to do. Packed in the tools that I left out and locked up the garage. Put the dinner leftovers away and washed some pots and pans. Attempted to get the kids to bed and then finally sat down here and typed out this twaddle.
Now I face the task of getting into a betraying bed to start the process all over again tomorrow.
Truly life in the fast lane.
So I will leave you with this ponderable... well, it was a ponderable for me, one that still has no answer either... I have my suspicions though.
Most houses have ceiling fans in them now. Most (if not all) fans are three speed. In many installations, there is a light on the fan as well. Additionally, in many of those installations, there is a dimmer and a speed control installed in place of a regular switch. This give you a possible 9 speeds to run your fan... well 9 if we do the math that 3 speed switch and 3 speed fan. So my ponderable is this. If you have your fan set to low (by the pull chain) and high at the wall switch... is it the same speed as having your fan set to high (by the pull chain) and the wall switch on low? Obviously there are other combinations that work there, and I'm not about to go into them (I have a date with a malfunctioning bed) at this time, I just tossed this one out there to give the idea.
*SIGH*... Life in the fast lane? More like limping along on the shoulder... and a sore one at that!
4 comments:
Hmmmmm, sore shoulder, sore back, sore arm.....ya see, now ya know just how it feels..... :) Hang in there it just gets worse.....just kidding. Try icing it...it usually helps!
Luv ya, Mom
Icing it???
It's not a cake...
Ben gay?
Hmmm... nope, not that I know of.
Post a Comment